Let's make some Sunchoke Chips & Coconut Lime Cumin Dip for SuperBowl Sunday! I am so pleased to share this recipe with you because it is a 2 part recipe; you can make just the sunchoke chips OR just the cumin dip OR you can make both! This kind of recipe works great because with everyones busy lifestyle ... maybe you just have time to make chips and then pair it with a store bought dip or maybe you just have 5 MINUTES to make the dip and pair it with store bought chips ... and even just making the dip will be so wonderful to bring to your friends house as a special SuperBowl treat!
This coconut lime cumin dip has classic SuperBowl flavors with the hot sauce but with a healthy twist - PS absolutely no one will be able to tell its a healthy dip! In order to make this a true paleo dip you will need to use Anita's Creamline Coconut Yogurt in the "Plain" flavor as well as Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo (I do NOT get referral fees for suggesting these brands - they just happen to be my absolute favorite brands that my husband and I eat all the time at home!) See below picture of Anita's Coconut Yogurt made in BROOKLYN NY (I live in Manhattan) and the Avocado Mayo .... lets make some SuperBowl Chips & Dips!
Ingredients For Sunchoke Chips:
6 large sunchokes
32 ounces of coconut oil
Ingredients For Coconut Lime Cumin Dip:
1/2 Cup Anita's Coconut Yogurt in Plain (can be found at Whold Foods)
1/3 Cup Avocado Mayonnaise by Primal Kitchen (you can find this on Amazon)
1 Tablespoon of Hot Sauce
1/4 tsp. of ground cumin
1/4 tsp. of ground coriander
1 tsp. of fresh lime juice
Method For Sunchoke Chips:
1) In a large skillet using a candy thermometer or deep-fry thermometer, heat coconut oil to 350 degrees F over medium heat.
2) Wash all the sunchokes in water using a potatoe scrubber. DO NOT PEEL THE SUNCHOKES. Dry the sunchokes with a paper towel. Cut the top off each side of the sunchoke. Using a mandaline slicer set on either 1/8 or 1/4 inch (depending on the thickness of chip you want) slice all 6 large sunchokes into chips.
3) Working in batches, fry the sunchokes until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to paper-towel lined plate to drain, and immediatley sprinkle hot chips with pink sea salt.
Method For Coconut Lime Cumin Dip:
1) Mix the coconut yogurt, avocado mayo, hot sauce, ground cumin, ground coriander, and lime juice together in a bowl with a whisk.
2) Refrigerate dip until ready!
ENJOY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY FOR SUPERBOWL!
*Cooked, Arranged, & Photographed by MaryRuth.