My husband loves fresh fruit! In terms of good food combining and easy digestion we believe it is most ideal to consume fruit only in the morning on an empty stomach either alone or with other food combining "neutral" foods like coconut. I am pleased to share with you one of my husband's favorite breakfast AFTER he has drank his morning green juice! This recipe makes enough Jam to share with your friends and family or to freeze!
Ingredients For Jam:
Mason Jars For Freezing Jam if desired
4 cups of frozen raspberries (slightly defrosted)
1/3 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup honey
1 apple (we are only using the peel of the apple so make sure to wash the apple well)
Method For Jam:
1) In a large skillet, over medium heat, bring raspberries to a simmer.
2) Add the unsweetened apple sauce and honey and continue to simmer for a few minutes making sure to stir regularly.
3) Simmer on low for 20 minutes and add the washed apple peels to the mixture.
4) Simmer for another 30 minutes on low until you are satisfied with the thickness of the jam. Please make sure not to burn the jam - keep stirring it regularly!
5) Once the jam is thick enough, remove from heat, and allow the jam to cool. Remove the apple peels. Transfer jam to mason jars and keep in fridge for up to 3 days OR freeze and defrost and use in the future! Note: there are special mason jars for freezing available on amazon!
6) Enjoy the Raspberry Apple Peel Jam with my favorite coconut yogurt, available at Whole Foods, called Anita's Coconut Yogurt (No referral fee for suggesting this brand!)
See below photo!
*Cooked, Arranged, & Photographed By MaryRuth.