The main thing I want to share about the Sesame Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Covered in Chocolate is that they taste EXACTLY like PEANUT BUTTER! You and all your friends will not be disappointed if you make these! They are heaven! So here we go...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 9 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
Serves: 12 cookies
Ingredients For Cookie:
1 cup Sesame Tahini Butter (I recommend Artisana Raw Sesame Tahini Butter available on Amazon!)
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon pink fine-grain sea salt
Dash of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of Dark Chocolate Chips (I recommend Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels. Please note if you want to add more then 1/2 cup of chocolate chips then you can add up to 3/4 cup!)
Ingredients For Chocolate Coating:
2 bags of Semi-sweet chocolate chips (I recommend Enjoy Life Dark semi-sweet chocolate mini chips in 10 ounce bags. You will need two 10 ounce bags)
Method for Cookies:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. Please make a note when you go to bake the cookies you will want to bake them in the middle rack of the oven and only bake one cookie sheet at a time placing 6 cookies on each baking sheet.
2) Place all the ingredients in one bowl and with a hand mixer beat on medium speed until well combined.
3) Gently fold in the chocolate chips using a spoon or spatula.
4) Use a cookie scooper or 2 tablespoons each to place dollops of the cashew dough on each baking sheet. Place 6 cookies on each sheet spaced evenly apart.
5) Bake each cookie dough sheet for 8 minutes and then check on the cookies and if needed bake for 1 more minute. Leave on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to cool and then transfer to a cooling rack. You will notice that the cookies will de-flate once cooled. Allow the cookies to completely cool before dipping them in the melted chocolate sauce described below.
Method for Chocolate Coating:
1) Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat OR in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
2) Stir frequently, using a rubber spatula, until completely melted and combined.
3) Dip each cooled cookie on the front side and back side of the cookie in the melted chocolate. Note: I always wear disposable plastic gloves when doing this. Put each dipped in chocolate cookie on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes until the chocolate has set and is hard. Store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
4) Note: Before the cookies go into the fridge you may use a cookie cutter to cut some into heart shapes if you like! Enjoy with family and friends!
*Baked, Arranged, & Photographed By MaryRuth.